Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

I am not the "family cook" but I do put on Thanksgiving every year. I can't remember how many years I have been doing it but I would guess around 9 or 10. This year we had 19 total...the in-laws and the out-laws. It went pretty well if I do say so myself. It's a ton of work to be totally honest. As I was doing the forth load of dishes it occured to me that maybe we should rotate. I was at the office most of the day Wedensday which wasn't planned but it worked out that way. So, I felt like I was behind right from the get -go. With Rob's help I did get the house presentable Wed and a few make ahead dishes in the fridge. I was cooking by 6:00 am to get the brid in the oven by 8:00. The meal went over well and everyone seemed to have an enjoyable time. It was nice to get to see some nephews that are all grown up but still come "home" for the holiday.

Friday was put the house back together day and I got basically all my housework and laundry done. It's amazing but true....and it feels pretty good. (I'm so proud of myself for not spending one cent on Black Friday) I didn't leave the house Thursday or Friday and today all I did was go to the post office and the grocery store for basics. Life moves at such a break neck pace and it felt like I was "crashing" as I fell head over heels of the proverbial hamster wheel. Life has come to a screeching hault and it's a good thing.

This afternoon I let the stress of Rob's shift work and the kid's continual bickering get to me and I'm embarrased to say that I flew off the handle. I just got done apoligizing to them which is always a humbling experience but a nessasary one. I'm thankful for my kid's forgiving hearts and for God's grace through Jesus.

1 comment:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Thanks so much for your precious comment on my blog. It came at just the precise moment I decided I had the LAMEST blog ever. lol

Hope your family had a great Thanksgiving. And if you are still in the housecleaning mood, come on over..:))