Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tis' the Season

To be Jolly, Fa la la la la. The Thansgiving decorations have come down and it's ALMOST time for me to start putting the Christmas decorations up. I can't help it! I think Thanksgiving gets short-changed and should get's it's own time. So many people skip right over it and go from Halloween to Christmas. I know the retailers would like that which is exactly why I refuse. I get stressed out this time of year with everyone I talk to saying...."ya ready for Christmas?" No I'm not ready for Christmas! Seriously, I'm not a procrasinator it's just that I don't "get ready" for Christmas much before December rolls around. I have a pretty good handle on the shopping but we have no tree up yet, presents wrapped or any of that.

We as a family are doing differently things this year to put more of our emphsis on the birth of Christ and less on...well....everything else. Not even as much about celebrating his "birthday" but more about what Jesus did while he was here on earth and what God acomplished through His ultimate sacrifice. Christmas...it means so much to us on so many levels. I often hear the "true" meaning of the season is Love, family, peace, joy, and generosity. (as opposed to getting all the RIGHT gifts) I'm not saying these are not ture but there is SO much more. In our efforts to start a few new family traditions I am starting to think that I might not be so opposed to Christmas starting earlier each year....so we can have more time to concentrate daily on Jesus' arrival.

No comments: