Thursday, March 5, 2009

THIS is why

Last night at AWANA I did a fun activity with my little Cubbies. (3-5 year olds) As soon as the kids arrived I interviewed them on camera and asked them a few questions. One of the questions was "What is one thing that you have learned at Cubbies?" I got great answers from every kid (they're all my favorite) but one almost brought me to tears. He said "ummm.......uhhhhh......I learned that Jesus loves me." YES! yes he does and THAT is why I teach Awana Cubbies! I wish I could put the clip on here but of course I can't put someone else's child on the internet. I'm thankful the Lord gave me the opprotunity to see what He is doing in these kid's lives. When you are dealing with preschoolers you wonder and you most certainly need the encouragment. They are teaching me so much more than I'm teaching them. Cubbies has been a great opprotunity to reconnect with my inner child. I look forward to the day when my own little Cubbie can make it through the whole evening without a melt down along with a move back to the nursery. Weird how I can handle every kid but my own.

No comments: