A surprise extreme room makeover for my middle child, Summer, was a success this past weekend. This idea has been rolling around in my mind for quite awhile, in fact I purchased the comforter in November. I decided I should do something productive with the extra time I had as a result of my canceled business trip so I managed to convince my husband that THIS is the weekend we should redo Summer's room. Convincing a man to "redecorate" is hard work but someone's got to do it. Rob did (by far) the bulk of the labor but my mom and Jim helped by creating the beautiful window treatments and reviving the tired old headboard that has been around almost as long as I can remember. Summer spent the weekend with her aunt, uncle and cousin and got to enjoy a beautiful weekend of spring skiing. As Summer pulled out of the drive way we tore in to the project with both feet. Emptying the room.....step one. Sunday afternoon at about 3:30 we completed step number 247 with a slight limp and aching backs as we hung the last decoration on the wall. Moving in slow motion we collapsed and my husband said, "next time you get an idea like that lay down till it goes away." I don't have before photos because the disgusting
Hubba Bubba bubble gum pink is not actually something I want to remember. Here are the after photos.


No comments:
Post a Comment