Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Eve, Eve

I have always loved to say it. When I was a kid I'd go out a week....Chistmas eve, eve,eve,eve,eve,eve. Our little prayer/advent/countdown chain is down to two links. This has been a fun tradition our family started this year. We wrote on our construction paper links the day after Thanksgiving. Each link has someone or something our family will pray about each day when we take that link off the chain. I've been amazed whe something has happened to a loved one and that night we will take off a link only to find that person's name on the link. God is SO in control. I don't always know what he's up to but I'm learning to trust him more every day.
I am thankful this year that my husband will be with us on Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day! As a shift worker in factory that runs 24/7 the schedule runs through weekends and holidays and this year his regularly scheduled days off happen to fall on Christmas eve and Christmas Day.....Oh and did I mention New Year's. YEA! I'm very excited.
Tommorow we have some local gift delivering to do and then heading to the in-laws for dinner and gift exchange. Then off we go to the Christmas Eve severice at our church where our family has been asked to read Luke 2:1-7. Then if the mood of the 3 year old and driving conditions allow we will drive around town looking at Christmas lights before heading home to snuggle. We wont forget to leave milk and cookies out for Santa...although I have heard that he prefers White Chocolate Mocha, Starbucks style. Hopefully Christmas Day will be spent playing with new toys and enjoying a day in our PJ's. Mid afternoon we will head over to my mom's house for dinner and for yet another gift exchange with my mom and sister's family.

I wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas. May God's unconditional grace through His Son Jesus Christ be the center of your celebrations!

No comments: